There’s nothing like a good cheeseburger. The ooey-gooey cheese on top of a juicy burger, in between two soft, yet crunchy slices of bread. Adding bacon just takes it to the next level. But making them at home can be SO messy with all the splatting of the meat juices, even if you have a guard over your pan. It makes me feel like my kitchen is covered in grease.
To solve that problem, I make cheeseburger hoagie sandwiches more often than a regular cheeseburger. What I love about it is, it’s less messy to make and still ooey-gooey with crunchy bread. Is your mouth watering yet? Great! Here’s the recipe:
1 lb ground meat
- I use ground turkey – we switched to ground turkey almost 8 years ago and love how it picks up the flavors of your spices even more than ground meat.
¼ Cup Ketchup
2 tsp Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
4 – 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Depends on how cheesy you like it. I use roughly 4-6 oz each time.
1 French Loaf
- I love the Kroger bakery French bread loaf that you bake yourself – it’s SO good.
- If you use anything you have to bake yourself, be sure to cook that first according to package directions.
- Brown the meat.
- Add in ketchup, mustard, and seasonings.
- Stir until ingredients are mixed in.
- Add shredded cheese, cooking until it’s melted.
- Cut the French loaf into hoagie sized sandwiches.
- Stuff them with the cheeseburger mix and any desired toppings, like lettuce and tomato.
It’s a quick 30-minute meal that’s sure to please everyone. I often serve it with fries and a vegetable.
Do you have any hoagie sandwich recipes you’d love to share?