Do you have a pretty cool husband, father or a father figure in your life that you are hoping to have a fun outing with during Father’s day weekend? Well, you are in luck! There are several events and places around the Dayton area to take the special men in your life!
- For aviation or history enthusiasts, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force will be having an event on Thursday, June 6th, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day. The event will include a wreath laying, living history re-enactments, WWII- era vehicles, a flyover, and more! Admission is free and activities start at 9am.
- What dad doesn’t appreciate a good meal?! The Golden Jersey Inn, located at Young’s Dairy, will have a meal special for $18.75 that will consist of two delicious sides, a ½ rack of BBQ ribs and boneless BBQ chicken.
- Another option to fill up dad, the Fifth Street Brewpub Brunch will be held from 10am until 2pm on Father’s day. Located on 1600 E. Fifth Street, dad can be treated to beer, chicken and waffles! Sounds like the breakfast of champions!
- Maybe the dad in your life wants to get out and about and see all that the beautiful city of Dayton has to offer? Then I recommend heading out to the 2nd street market or 3rd on Third Outdoor Market, which offers a variety of foods from local growers, bakery treats and more!
- Have a dad who wants to get some exercise on while enjoying some scenery? Take him down to Riverscape MetroPark and rent bikes! There are a variety of bikes, as well as child attachments that are available! Rentals start at $8 an hour.
- For those who do not mind a little bit of a drive for some good chicken, the Poultry Days festival will be going on in Versailles, Ohio. The festival has some vendors, rides for kiddies, and some great chicken!
- If you live near Cincinnati or do not mind the drive, take dad hunting for some treasures at the Treasure Aisles Flea Market or Trader’s World, both open until 5pm on the weekends.
No matter what you choose to do with the special men in your life, I hope it is a fabulous and memorable Father’s day weekend!